Since our founding in 1933, we've grown to
become a worldwide corporation with a diverse
range of products – cars, trucks, forklifts, motorboats
and even rockets. And while our customers are equally diverse,
they all have one thing in common: they're our Number One Priority.
In Malaysia, the Nissan story began in the 1950s as Tan Chong Motors commenced business as a small motor vehicle distributor. By 1957, Tan Chong Motors was appointed the franchise holder for Nissan/Datsun, which was then the first Japanese car make sold locally.
Since then Tan Chong Motors had grown from strength to strength, and today is a dynamic, progressive and lauded corporate citizen. Here are a few notable facts about Tan Chong Motor Holdings:
Go to Tan Chong Motor Holdings Official Website
- The exclusive distributor of Nissan passenger and light commercial vehicles and Renault vehicles in Malaysia
- Boasts a 119-centre strong sales and authorised dealership outlets , and supported by 97 after-sales service centres nationwide
- The group averages 13% market share of the non-national car sales and 5.4% of the Total Industry Volume (TIV)
- There are 2 dedicated assembly plants in Segambut and Serendah with single-shift production capabilities of 20,000 and 14,000 units respectively per annum
- Strong presence in the region’s automotive market with operations in Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand